Instructional and Event Technology
Instructional and Event Technology (IET) aims to provide members of the Law School community with the highest level of technical, logistical and pedagogical support by way of a team of dedicated and trained IT, AV and ed-tech professionals.
IET is made up of several specialized teams:
- Classroom Technology: Assists with support of all audio-visual components in the Law School. Team members assist with the set up of: in-room presentations; video conferences for lectures and seminars; small panel discussions; automated classroom recordings; and technical tools for students with ADA accommodations. Classroom Technology provides training and documentation in the use of all audio-visual equipment in our classrooms. The team also maintains and upgrades all audio-visual technology in the classrooms.
- Educational Technology: Oversees the Law School's support of Courseworks (Canvas), Echo360, WordPress and a number of other platforms designed to provide pedagogical support to faculty and students. The team organizes trainings throughout the year on the platforms that we support, and also holds regular office hours for those in need of one-on-one assistance. We work closely with our partners at the Center for Teaching and Learning to keep up to date with the latest trends and innovations in educational technology.
- Event Technology: Assists with the planning and execution of all major in-person and virtual events hosted by the Law School's Special Events team, as well as, the Office of the Dean. The team also consults with Law School centers/programs and departments seeking to host an event at the Law School. In these instances, Event Technology provides logistical guidance and technical training in the use of classroom-based event technology. The team may also liaise with 3rd party AV companies for direct support of events, as needed.
Key points regarding requests
- To request support, please reach out via email: email@example.com.
- For technical emergencies in the classrooms, please do not email us. Instead, please call 212-854-2400 or visit us in Jerome Greene Hall 131.
- All requests will receive an automated response from our ticketing system (ServiceNow) within minutes. You will receive a follow up response from a member of our team, usually within 24 hours.
- Please note that response times may be longer during periods of high demand, such as before the start of the semester or during major holidays.
- All requests are handled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Classroom Technology requests should be made with at least 72 hours notice.
- Event Technology requests should be made with 10 business days notice.
- We do not operate during off-hours and weekends. If you require support during these times, please reach out to us for training. If you require dedicated support from a technician, we will liaise with our 3rd party AV partners.
- Teaching and Learning Spaces at the Law School: Classrooms and events spaces supported by IET.
- Room Reservations (EMS): Browse for available space, learn about room capabilities and to reserve a room.
- Building Services: Contact the team to request assistance furniture, lighting, signage and other physical considerations in our classrooms.