Activating your University Network ID (UNI)
In this lesson, we will cover:
- Activating your UNI
- Signing in with your your UNI
- The Computer And Network Use Policy
- Recommended options for your UNI
Your UNI account is used to access university-wide systems and services at the Law School. For example, Your UNI is used for:
- Accessing Lionmail, your Columbia email application.
- Registering for courses, viewing grades, and submitting course evaluations.
- Signing up for text message alerts through Student Services Online.
- and much more
The first thing you must do is Activate your UNI. This is a required task for new Columbia users.
- Please visit the link below, https://cuit.columbia.edu/cuit/manage-my-uni and click on the Activate My UNI or LionMail Account section.
- Read The Computer And Network Use Policy and select Accept at the bottom of the page to continue.
- Read the specific call outs regarding important and specific personal responsibilities under the Computer and Network Use Policy that you have just accepted, and select Accept at the bottom of the page to continue when you are done.
- Enter your University Network ID (UNI) in the appropriate field. If you do not know your UNI, you can select the Find Your UNI option to search for your UNI.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
Once the uni activation process is completed, you’ll have access to a wide range of computer services and electronic resources at Columbia University. Many of these services will require a login. Please enter your UNI and password combination when the sign-in screen is presented.
There are a number of other features you may need to familiarize yourself with, but probably too many to go over in this brief tutorial.
You can visit additional options and features of your UNI at https://cuit.columbia.edu/cuit/manage-my-uni. The law school IT department recommends you familiarize yourself with at least the following services.
- Enroll in Duo, retrieve passcodes, or reset your Duo account
- Choose, change or remove a personalized email alias
- Add or Update My Account Recovery Email -
Your UNI is assigned and managed by Columbia University Information Technology, better known as CUIT. Note that CUIT and Law IT are different departments. For UNI technical support, contact the Law School IT department @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Last but not least, please remember to sign out of authenticated services when you are done using its services.