Forms and Processes
Hiring Forms *
- Student Casual New Hire Forms
- Student Casual Rehire Forms
- Work-Study Hire Form
- Payrollee/Temporary Employment Hire Form
Payroll Schedules & Timesheets
- 2020-2021 Bi-weekly Payroll Schedule
- Student Casual Timesheet **
- Variable Hours Officer (VHO) Timesheet
- 2020-2021 Support Staff Timesheet Memo
- 2020-2021 Officer Leave Tracking Memo
- Direct Deposit Instructions
- MyColumbia portal
- Federal Tax Form- W-4
- New York State Tax Form - IT-2104, IT-2104.1, or IT-2104E
Effective March 8, 2021: Appointment Required for I-9 Processing
New Hires/Rehires Working in New York City
New hires/rehires working in New York City, whether remotely or on campus, must complete their I-9 in person on campus. The I-9 Anywhere service will no longer be available within New York City. Appointments at Kent Hall (Morningside) can be made through the calendar on the CUHR Website.
1. New hires should complete Section 1 using the standard newi9 link.
2. After section 1 is complete, the new hire should select an appointment time to complete section 2 at Kent Hall. Please select the Morningside/Manhattanville (Kent Hall) campus location for Section 2.
To ensure social distancing, appointments are required to be seen by an I-9 Representative. Walk-ins cannot be accommodated at this time. If you miss your appointment time, you must schedule a new appointment.
If you are a rehire and you completed your last I-9 less than 3 years ago, please check wih HR to determine whether or not a new I-9 is required.
New Hires/Rehires Not Working in New York City
At this time, the I-9 Anywhere process remains available to all new hires working outside New York City. A job aid with step-by-step instructions is available on the HR website. You must keep your I-9 Anywhere appointments or reschedule them at least 48 hours in advance.
1. You must have their start date prior to beginning the I-9 process. You will not be able to complete section 1 or schedule an appointment without the hire date.
2. Please select “Columbia University – E-Verify” as the location when you begin your section 1 transaction.
New Hires/Rehires Not Working on Campus (limited circumstances)
If very extenuating circumstance, and on a temporary basis due to COVID-19, if the hiring school/department and the new hire are both currently working remotely 100% of the time, you may be able to complete your I-9 virtually. Please reach out to Iemail@example.com with the circumstances' and copy the law school's HR department. Please note, that even with the virtual document inspection, you must present the original, unexpired documents in person to be re-inspected within three business days of returning to work onsite.
Please be sure to view the User Guide for further instruction.
** To be used only by Library personnel, unless otherwise noted.