Resources for Employees
Tools & Resources for Employees
- Anti-Harassment, Discrimination and Title IX - All employees of Columbia University (Officers of Administration and Instruction, Support Staff, Student Casuals, etc) are required to complete the Anti-Harassment, Discrimination and Title IX training.
- Working with Minors - Members of the Columbia University community who interact with, supervise, chaperone or otherwise oversee minors in programs or activities at, or sponsored by, the University are required to take the Protection of Minors training.
- Research Compliance - Officers of Research or those who have research-related responsibilities are required to complete the appropriate compliance trainings, which can be found using the Training Finder.
Professional & Management
- Enterprise Learning Management (ELM) - The University portal for training and online professional development courses. For more information and to browse courses, visit here.
- Lynda.com - Training, tips, and guides to various programs, software, and subject areas.
- Learning & Development workshops - Columbia-instructed workshops on improving skills such as communication, leadership, productivity, and public speaking.
Support Staff and Student Casuals
Employees who are paid on a bi-weekly basis are expected to report their hours worked and absences taken each pay period. This information is entered and submitted electronically through the Time & Labor and Absence Management (TLAM) system, accessed via the MyColumbia portal.
- Timesheets are typically due on the Friday at the end of each pay period. However, deadlines may be moved earlier due to holiday scheduling. Please always refer to the Bi-weekly Payroll Schedule.
- Employees are typically paid the following Friday after the pay period.
Officers of Administration
Employees who are paid on a semi-monthly basis are expected to report their absences on an ongoing basis. Absences, such as vacation and sick leave, need to be requested through the Time & Labor and Absence Management (TLAM) system, accessed via the MyColumbia portal.
- Officers are required to review and submit their Officer Quarterly Closeouts at the end of each quarter.
- Payment is issued on the 15th and the last day of the month.
As an employee of Columbia University, you have access to a variety of discounts and perks. Discounts include tickets to movies theaters and amusement parks, wireless phone plans, travel, gym memberships, hotels, car rentals, and much more. For additional information and how to access these discounts, please see the Columbia Discounts & Perks page.
- Arts Initiative at Columbia
- Corporate Shopping Employee Discounts
- Working Advantage
Columbia University also offers its employees an array of benefits to suit your needs. Some benefits include: