A vendor profile must be available in Accounting and Reporting at Columbia (ARC), the University’s financial system, in order to make a Guest/Outside Party, Supplier, Service Provider or Consultant, eligible to receive payment from Columbia University. This process is administered by the University's department of Vendor Management which is responsible for creating and maintaining all vendor profiles utilized in the process of requesting payments. Our Business Office assists departments, centers, and programs in their efforts of requesting the creation and modification of domestic and international vendor profiles. If you have any questions, please contact the Vendors Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The first step before extending invitations to guests or purchasing goods and services from suppliers, service providers and consultants is to create a vendor profile. Please be sure to verify payment eligibility for international Guests based on their visa type.
- The second step is to address any prerequisites or additional requirements that may apply to suppliers, service providers and consultants, depending on the type of goods and service they will provide, which must be fulfilled prior to commencing work or requesting payment.
- The third step is to submit the payment request to our Business Office or process an expense report on behalf of a domestic Guest or Student in Concur.
- Goods and Services — payment for a supplier, service provider or consultant against invoice
- Honoraria — payment to a guest lecturer/outside party as an expression of thanks
- Reimbursements — reimbursement to a guest or in-class speaker for expenses incurred
- Prizes/Awards — payment to a Student who won a prize or was granted an award
- LRAP — Loan Repayment Assistance for eligible participants (Financial Aid Only)