A vendor profile must be available in Accounting & Reporting at Columbia (ARC), the University’s financial system, in order to process payment requests for a guest/outside party, supplier, service provider, or consultant. This process is administered by the University's Vendor Management (VM) unit who is responsible for maintaining all vendor profiles. Our Business Office assists departments, centers, and programs in their efforts of requesting the creation and modification of domestic and international vendor profiles. If you have any questions, please contact the Vendors Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The first step before extending invitations to guests or purchasing goods and services from suppliers, service providers and consultants is to create a vendor profile. Please be sure to verify payment eligibility for international Guests based on their visa type.
- The second step is to address any prerequisites or additional requirements that may apply to suppliers, service providers and consultants, depending on the type of goods and service they will provide, which must be fulfilled prior to commencing work or requesting payment.
- The third step is to submit any pending payment request via the G: Drive for payment processing or prepare an expense report on behalf of a domestic Guest in Concur Expense.
- Goods and Services — payment for a supplier, service provider or consultant against invoice
- Honoraria — payment to a guest lecturer/outside party as an expression of thanks
- Reimbursements — reimbursement to a guest or in-class speaker for expenses incurred
- Prizes/Awards — payment to a Student who won a prize or was granted an award
- LRAP — Loan Repayment Assistance for eligible participants (Financial Aid Only)