Columbia Law School provides its students with a state of the art computing facility. This training video will:
- Introduce some of these resources to you
- Explain how to access and use them
- And how to receive help if things do not go as planned
It will take somewhere between 15 to 30 minutes to absorb the material in the lessons, depending on your comfort level and experience with computers.
All students are required to certify understanding of the information presented in the Computer-Based Training. At the end of the training program, you will be asked to confirm you have reviewed the contents of the CBT and you are familiar with the information in the program. You can always re-visit the material before certifying your understanding. Please contact the IT department to schedule an instructor-led training session if you have any questions about the material presented.
You will see all the lesson sections as menu items on the left side of the website.
A transcript of each lesson is also listed on the bottom of each video. Please feel free to pause the video lessons and take notes if you choose.
By the end of this training program, you will know:
- How to sign into the Law School network
- How to print your documents on the network printers
- How to access your email account using LionMail
- How to use LawNet
- Your responsibilities as a Law School network user
Best of luck and see you at the first lesson.