Zoom Video Conferencing
Columbia University offers faculty members an interactive web conferencing platform called Zoom that can be used for a variety of teaching and research purposes, including hosting virtual class sessions. This platform is free to faculty and is accessed using your UNI.
Zoom combines HD video conferencing, online business meetings, webinars, and mobile capabilities into one collaborative solution. One of the key advantages is that only one person has to download Zoom. Everyone else can simply click on the meeting link and jump right in from their phone, tablet or desktop.
Please follow the steps below to create your Zoom account:
- If you are a first time user, visit http://columbiauniversity.zoom.us and click SIGN UP, IT’S FREE in the upper right corner. All Law School faculty members are entitled to a free upgrade to Zoom Pro, which allows unlimited meeting times and full video conferencing functionality for large rooms (up to 300 attendees) and breakout rooms. Without the Zoom Pro account, you will be limited to a maximum length of 40 minutes for group meetings, including class sessions. You can request your Zoom Pro account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Returning users can visit http://columbiauniversity.zoom.us/ and click SIGN IN, in the upper right corner.
- “Getting Started with Zoom” and other training videos can be found @ https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206618765-Zoom-Video-Tutorials, and you can contact the Law School IT helpdesk for service, support, and other getting started requests.
Columbia Law School IT strongly recommends you:
- Use your University email address when registering for Zoom
- Request a Zoom Pro account
For questions and support you may submit a ticket to the CUIT Service Desk or you can call the Service Desk at 212-854-1919. Clients can expect a response within one business day.